From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1993 19:00:22 EST
Thanks to Dave and Paulette for clearing up that two-many-men situation
on Cornell.  About the later icing call, Mike writes:

>>     Both teams were flat in the first period, and the only
>>     other newsworthy occurrence came with under three minutes left, when
>>     linesman Mike Andrews whistled Cornell for icing despite the fact that
>>     Shaun Hannah's pass from his own blue line clearly went through the
>>     legs of another Cornell player at the other blue line.  It's been a
>>     while since I've seen Coach McCutcheon jump that high.
>
>Are you sure he wasn't upset at something else?  Icing can only be waved
>off if one of the *opponents* had a chance to touch it.  [rule 6-23(d)]

You're right, I misspoke on that one.  There was a Brown defenseman right
next to the afore-mentioned Cornell player who also had the puck pass
within about two feet of him.  That was what got McCutcheon so upset.

--
Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and probably '94        |  [log in to unmask]