From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1993 12:42:21 EST
I would in general agree with Mike (of Merrimack) and William (of Big Red)
that the referees are not out to get one team.  However that does not mean
that I think we have a bunch of great refs. out there.  There are several
referees in the different leagues that are horrendous.  They do not help
the game.  I often see their actions cause players to behave worse.  Trying
to get rid of this kind of ref. would help the game.

As to watching anything from a given point of view, I believe that is part
of being human.  Part of the thrill of it all is getting excited about things.
I enjoy the postings of people who strongly support their team.  Sometimes
it does get silly, but ...  Also it appears even IBM 3760's don't have exactly
a neutral point of view.

/
 good shooting
 rhun