From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1992 00:31:08 EST
In what was supposed to be a test for Maine, the Black Bears rolled over
Merrimack at Alfond, 14-1.  I don't have the box yet since I was home
watching on tv.  It wasn't a pretty sight for Warrior fans, but Maine was
fun to watch and looked like they had no intention of suffering a letdown.
Eric Fenton and Kent Salfi each had hat tricks; Paul Kariya had something
like a goal and four assists.  Score was 4-0 after one (2-0 before the two-
minute mark) and 10-0 after two.

Can't blame the goaltending (Millar started and was relieved by Doneghey
after one, then Millar came in again late in the game), Maine skated
circles around Merrimack and the majority of their goals came from players
who were untouched at point blank range.  Bad penalties didn't help either,
although only two of Maine's goals were on the power play, I think.

Sorry I don't have further details, but I am sure someone from Maine will
be able to provide more...I had to stay home and pick up Heather from the
airport tonight.  We'll be in Orono tomorrow night, however.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*