From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:39:27 -0800
Looks to me like the main complicating factor is whether CC or Notre Dame is that last team in the
tournament.  With Notre Dame in, the brackets are easy.  With CC in, they become very difficult,
and require that some “rules” be sacrificed.

I’m going rigidly follow these “rules.”

-       Bands are preserved (i.e. you can only swap within bands)
-       No Intraconference first round matchups
-       UNH and CC stay home
-       Get as close to “pure” seeding as possible (i.e. 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, etc.)

The sacrifice I make is travel and attendance.  The results are kinda radical.  If CC stays at
home, and the bands are preserved, then either BC or Maine has to go to Colorado Springs.  I moved
Maine because they’re the lower seed (and besides, going to Manchester to potentialy play UNH
ain’t that much of a bargain).  The only “eastern” team in the East Regional is Harvard, the
lowest seed.

Colorado Springs
3 Maine v. 13 CC
7 DU v. 9 Miami