Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:08:47 -0600
At 11:39 PM 10/6/99 +0200, John Whelan wrote:
>The only reason anyone
>thought of giving them an at-large bid was that the RPI and PWR
>systems used by the NCAA do a bad job of rating teams in the presence
>of widely varying schedule strengths.

Actually, I felt they deserved the bid simply on the idea that ANY team, at
ANY level, that goes 23-3-2 is doing a damn fine job.

Mixing that in with the fact that they are classified as D1 makes me feel
they deserved to be in.

If they don't belong, then they shouldn't be considered D1. As long as they
are, they have as much right to the title as anyone else.