From:
Keith Kannenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Kannenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 18:04:39 -0400
Advertisements on the boards have never bothered me that much probably
'cuz I don't really ever remember seeing pristine boards at Lynah Rink
during my time at Cornell. Of course, there may not have been ads at
some point in the last nine years - I don't think I'd remember because
I rarely notice the ads at all. (Except for the Keith Olbermann ad
last year...)

However, I have heard several times that Cornell intends to put ads on
the ice surface in the near future (maybe this year?) This idea does
bother me and a number of other people I have spoken with. Somehow it
seems like the ice itself should be reserved for the game without any
intrusions. Now this practice is probably not new and maybe in a few
years I'll notice ads on the ice about as much as I notice the boards
but the whole idea strikes me as wrong. There's got to be a line
somewhere.

Keith Kannenberg
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (212) 724-5199