From:
Keith Kannenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Kannenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:35:11 -0500
John Whelan wrote:
>         Last summer people were saying that Nathan Hicks, who was
> Cornell's third-string goalie last season, would be away for the fall
> semester but back in the spring.  Has he re-joined the team, and if
> not, who is Ian Burt's backup now that starter Jason Elliott is out?
> The roster on the unofficial page lists a junior goalie named Clint
> Kisker, whom I'd never heard of.  Is he a walk-on?  (At any rate it's
> better than making Jeff Burgoyne be the reserve netminder.)

Nathan Hicks was away during the fall semester so the team had another
third string goalie on the roster, namely Clint Kisker. As far as I
can remember Kisker only suited up for the Red-White scrimmage. Ian
Burt was out with a concussion at the time so Kisker played the whole
game for White.

I just checked the Cornell roster from the last home program and
Nathan Hicks is listed as the third goalie. I remember hearing that
Kisker was going away (abroad?) for the spring semester. I imagine
that Hicks took over once he got back.

BTW - Kisker was listed in the programs wearing #1 in the fall. Hicks
now has taken over the jersey number, as well as the job.

I had completely forgotten about this situation. I've edited the
roster on the Unofficial page to reflect the current situation.
(I wish it wasn't an issue :-().

Keith Kannenberg                    Email: [log in to unmask]
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering  Phone: (607) 255-9114
Cornell University                  Web: http://mae.cornell.edu/kannenb/
Ithaca, NY 14853