From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:16:30 -0500
>      Does Cornell have a decent
>      chance to earn the right to play in Worcester rather than out West,
or
>      are BU, UNH, UVM, and Clarkson virtually immovable?

Surely, the only chance of Cornell playing in Worcester is for them to
finish higher in the PWR than Clarkson, or for BU to fail to make the
tournament at all.  Short of a Golden Knight collapse, I do not see the
former happening, even if the Big Red lit on fire and won out.

(Of course, if they *did* that they would have won both the RS and tourny
title.  Would the NCAA "reward" them?  Perhaps not in light of being
allowed to stay East last year.  With weeks to go, it's all a "What if
Eleanor Roosevelt had wings" anyway :-)

This brings up the time immemorial question: does anyone know for certain
whether Maine is being considered a TUC.  BU plays two games in Orono in
late February, and if they were to be swept it might screw up their record
v. TUC enough to knock them out of the top 12.  Indeed, BU's schedule is
brutal from here on out.  That may be where to look for developments.

- Greg Berge