From:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 06:22:43 -0500
With the upsets that occurred in the round-of-eight in the ECAC
tournament, a situation that I thought about last week seems likely.
Namely, who would be the 2nd guaranteed ECAC team in the NC$$
tournament if Clarkson wins both the regular season and the ECAC
tournament.  Previously, if I remember correctly, Vermont and Brown
were 2nd and 3rd in the RPICH ratings.  I don't think that any of the
other three remaining teams, Colgate, RPI, and Princeton were
particularly close.  Thus I think that Vermont who was 2nd is still in
the running for an NC$$ birth and perhaps Brown is also since they did
win one of three games vs Princeton.  It will be interesting to see
Erik's next posting of the RPICH standings.

Actually, neither RPI or Princeton were really upsets, as the standings
were so close at the end of the year.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74