From:
Tom Fortier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 11:50:46 -0500
Has anyone on this list forgotten about the goalie tandem from BU last year?
J.P. McKersie and Derek Herlofsky formed one of the most exciting and most
consistent goalie pairs I have ever witnessed.  In leading Hockey East most of
the season, the two goaltenders night after night backstopped BU on their way
to the national championship game, where for the first time all season, both
goalies experienced what I will only call an "off night".  The two were primed
and ready to share the load again this season, and perhaps improve upon their
record from last year, until the tragic accident that McKersie experienced
over the summer.

        So far this season, BU has relied heavily on Herlofsky to do the job
for them, but they have bolstered their team with freshman Tom Noble, who has
done a very good job of replacing the injured McKersie.  Al though neither
Herlofsky nor Noble are leading the league or nation with any of their
numbers, I believe that they form one of the most solid goalie "tandems" in
college hockey this year.  If anyone would like to offer any feedback, please
do.

Tom Fortier
BU '97
GO TERRIERS!!!