From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 01:01:50 EST
Tony Frolik writes:
>Now, the WCHA 1995 yearbook doesn't say, nor does the UMD media guide.
>So, first I think Todd should be able to find out exactly what it is.

I know this has about run its course, but the 1991-92 UAA media guide
has the following:

"The name Seawolf represents a mystical sea creature whose origin is
linked with the Tlingit (pronounced Clink-it) Indians of Southeastern
Alaska.  According to the legend of the Seawolf, anyone fortunate
enough to view it was subject to good luck.

"The exact nature or shape of the Seawolf, however, was left to the
imagination and thus the creature has been depicted in many forms
throughout the years.

"The Seawolf of today was introduced in 1985.  Created by the Clark
Mishler & Associates in cooperation with a University committee, it
represents an adaptation of a more traditional Alaskan totemic-like
characterization of the mythical Seawolf.

"The University has trademarked the logo."

And that, my friends, is the rest of the story.