From:
Norman Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norman Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 09:22:36 -0500
three quick points:

1) There's an article in today's Boston Globe about the Maine situation.  I
  left it at home, so please forgive the paraphrase.  It said something to
  the effect that there's another hearing scheduled for next Wednesday.  If
  BU wins this weekend, Hockey East will cancel the hearing.  If BU loses,
  they'll go ahead with the hearing and if HE prevails, BU will replace
  Maine in the semis at the Garden.  If Maine wins the series & the hearing,
  they play next weekend.

2) I know this has been said kiddingly over the past couple of days, but I am
  genuinely curious: why does a judge in Bangor have jurisdiction over a
  decision made in Massachusetts that has ramifications on a series of games
  to be played in Boston?  The situation seems to be like that of a little
  kid going to his mother and saying "who do like better, me or the kid next
  door?"

3) Tony Amonte was interviewed last night before the Broons/Rangers game on
  NESN (our local cable outfit).  When asked about the Maine situation/
  violations, he replied: "Geez, that's been going on for years up there!"

Norm
BU '88, '94
Go Terriers!