Sender:
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:10:32 -0600
Bryan Kamrath <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>        An interesting article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press
>(pioneerplanet.com) today about, gasp!!!  . . . . . The Wooger looking at
>a player outside of Minnesota (albeit, he's from Hudson, Wisc. directly
>across the river).  The article goes without naming the player though;
>which would have been a rules violation on Woog's part, although it said
>that his father played hockey in Minnesota.  I was wondering if anyone
>knows who this kid is?  Just curious.

That would be Peter Talafous of Hudson, WI.
Last I heard he's out with a broken wrist or arm.

His father, Dean Talafous, did play (NHL & HS) hockey in Minnesota
- current UAA head coach (since 1996)
- former UW-River Falls head coach (seven years, 1994 NCAA D3 champs)
- former assistant at Minnesota (six years under Buetow and Woog)
- 518 NHL games (NY Rangers, Minnesota North Stars, Atlanta Flames)
- '71-'74 Wisconsin Badgers (1973 NCAA D1 champs, NCAA tourney MVP)
- Hastings, MN (Raiders) High School

George Line
RPI '80