From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2007 22:42:48 +0000
St. Lawrence Skating Saints opened their season with a non-league game against their arch rivals, Clarkson Golden Knights.  The game was televised nationally on ESPNU.  Of course, I don't get ESPNU.  Both SLU and CU have joined the B2 network for webcasts.  For some reason the game wasn't available on B2.  So, I was left with audio only.  Thank goodness for audio.  I hope the problem with video and B2 gets solved by next week.  I want to be watching the games although I don't like the idea of having to pay to watch.

SLU wins 3-2.  Two of the Saints goals came off the faceoff,  This is remarkable in part because CU was winning most of the faceoffs.  Penalties and shots were pretty much even.

I am glad to have hockey back in season.

First Period:
18:27 - CU - Dodge from Freeman
Saves:
SLU - Petizian - 7
CU - Leggio - 7

Second Period:
15:28 - SLU - Hack from Bogosian
Saves:
SLU - Petizian - 9
CU - Leggio - 14

Third Period:
9:21 - SLU - Parenteau from Curran and Vermeulen
13:11 - SLU - Giffin from Cunnihgham
16:27 - CU - Beca from Zalewski and Marks
Saves:
SLU - Petizian - 11
CU - Leggio - 6

Canton-Potsdam Hospital Player of the Game: Alex Petizian

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!