From:
"Robert H. Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert H. Gross
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 17:25:24 EST
>  "If a guy has a big nose, you call him big nose.  If a guy is ugly, you
> call him ugly."

But what does any of this have to do with College hockey and a player's
ability to play the game? It is fine to cheer your own team and "boo" the
other team or even taunt individual players about their hockey skills - it is
part of the game. I often find it embarrassing to take my kids to games and
have to explain the crude personal insults some fans insist on making. From
my perspective here at Dartmouth, these kinds of "cheers" have decreased
dramatically in the last few years and I am grateful. Personal insults are
antithetical to good sportsmanship.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Bob Gross