Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1993 20:32:08 EST
Well, the NCAA IS the member schools, so the schools (collectively) are
making whatever rules there are.  But it is a large organization (number
of schools as well as number of people representing those schools (including
at least the institution president and a faculty representative = I don't
have quick access to the NCAA "constituition" - so it is unlikely that
there is ANY action which will be viewed favorably by any one person or
any one school.

  I'm not necessarily defending the NCAA (that is, the schools) because
there are some things I don't care about, but . . .  A good place to start
is withthe faculty representative or president (or both) of the school
you support.

  I would suggest a subscription to the NCAA newspaper (can't remember
the exact title) which is available from the Kansas City (ok, then, Overland
Park) where you got you rule book.  I read that for a couple years (it is
just too much reading to keep it up).  You can see the controversy head out
 there,
and the factions that are involved.  Also MUCH detail on eligiblity
and penalty decisions  - including a lot of stuff on Tarkanian (sorry
Wayne for getting off topic) one of the years I was reading it.

  I don't know what effect fan (read hockey-l) suppos
---- support could have, but it might be worth a try - and for sure, I
believe both the faculty rep and the president would give an ear to
suggestions from alumni (especially with a check to the hockey program).