From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 14:12:40 -0500
Ed Priest writes:
>Suggestion: each league gets two automatics(one if they are the same team):
>regular season champ & playoff champ.

No, there is no way I would ever support giving an automatic bid to
the regular season champs with the way 3 of the 4 conferences have an
unbalanced league schedule.  And by that, I mean unbalanced in that
one or both of the following are true:

1) Every team does not play every other team the same number of times.
2) Every team does not have the same number of home/away games vs every
other team.

1) is true in the WCHA and was true in HE; it will not be true in HE next
season.  2) is true and will still be true in the CCHA, WCHA, and HE.
Only the ECAC has a real balanced schedule.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93