Sender:
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:13:23 +0200
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Apparently, all illusions are gone.  College hockey is just a minor league for
> the NHL.

No news there, really.

I have long thought that it would be an interesting research project
indeed to compare the conferences comprising Div. I hockey, and the
schools within the conferences, to see what percentage of varsity letter
winners complete their Bachelor's degree in (a) 4 years, (b) 5 years,
(c) 8 years (i.e., twice the normal time) or (d) ever.

A further step would be to compare all sports within a given school.
Which program would be lower (and probably the lowest in the athletic
department) -- hockey or basketball?

cheers,

Henry