From:
Sharon Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sharon Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2019 12:41:18 -0400
Hello all - I wanted to share a great program with you.  We recently had
Beverly and Mike (Bullfrog) Rogers here to give an *Introduction to the
Harmonic workshop!  *They were amazing and everyone had a great time!  They
are well worth the fee - which we splurged on for our summer programming,
and our friends group supplied the money for the harmonicas which were
brought in by Mike.
A good time was had by all and everyone went home being able to play a song!

Here is Mike's contact information and a little bit about the program:
www.harmonicaworkshops.com

An Introduction to the Harmonica

Mike Rogers has been playing harmonica since the age of fifteen. Mike
performs with
harmonica and guitar and is blind as a result of retinitis pigmentosa. He
simultaneously draws
on forty-eight years of professional musicianship, fifteen years of
teaching secondary education
and twenty years of performing in schools from Maine to Georgia and
throughout the Bahamas.
Mike is joined by his wife Beverly who brings to the duo ten years of
substitute teaching
experience as well as previous work as a children's storyteller for the
public library system in Peach County, Georgia. They have been presenting
these workshops for the past thirty years.
Mike and Beverly offer harmonica workshops for folks, ages eight through
adult. Each student
receives a harmonica. The workshop teaches simple songs and basic
techniques. Most, if not
all, students come away with a feeling of accomplishment and self-worth.
Attitudes shift in
each and every student, as they become absorbed with the process of
entering the world of
music!
--
Sharon Kelly