ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:58:51 -0400
Hello all:

Rick Sayles is absolutely correct.  The Filipowicz hit was indeed
vicious and uncalled for.  I was sitting right in front of the players
when Cory was nailed from behind.  It was the right call by the referee.

After the game, I asked my son if he had any ill effects stemming from
the hit and he smiled at me and said "No!"   Thank goodness for small
mercies because these cowardly hits can come back to haunt an  athlete
and so I feel strongly that a five minute and and game  should be
upgraded to a five, three games and a fine to the University.

Any thoughts?  This is athletic battery  we're talking about here,
folks!

Wes Larose
Father of #39, Cory