ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Geoffrey Chambers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:25:10 -0500
I would hardly say Yale is better than Harvard.  Earlier in the year they
played, which is Harvard's biggest rival, and Yale thoroughly dismantled
Ronn Tomassoni's Crimson 7-1.

Harvard probably has more talent top to bottom, but they certainly haven't
shown it on the ice the last few years.  BC has also shown itself to be a
enigmatic bunch this year.  They have more talent than any team in the
east.

FYI-

NHL Central Scouting released its Mid-Term rankings earlier this morning.
Maine entries are Doug Janik (1st Rd-17th Overall) and Barrett Heisten
(1st Rd-21st Overall). Former Maine recruit Chris Purslow of the U.S
Under-18 team is rated in the 7th round.  Purslow had his full scholarship
revoked a month ago when he was curiously rejected by the admissions
department.

The entire CSB list will be available on the USHR web site in an hour or
so.

Geoff Chambers
U.S. Hockey Report