MEEOA-L Archives

MEEOA-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lynn Ploof-Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2017 14:04:21 -0500
Greetings everyone!  I hope you are able to get outside and enjoy some of
this pre-spring warmth!  Becky Colannino is in town and we just had a
lovely walk which made me acutely aware of our UB Math/Science, VUB, and
McNair colleagues who are in the throes of grant writing.  Maybe if we
collectively try really hard, we can send a big dose of good karma their
way!  Everyone now.....1.....2.....3!!!!!!!

*Important Item #1:* The TRIO Team at UMF is coordinating the Silent
Auction at the NEOA Conference and we need your help.  We are so
well-connected here in Maine, we all know someone who knows someone right?
Please think about who *you* know who would be willing to donate a quality
item or service to the silent auction.  An artist?  A business owner?  Is
there an organization or individual in Portland we could connect with?  You
can approach them yourselves or just pass on the information to us and
we'll do the work.  We all know that when NEOA is in Portland, great things
happen. Please send ideas and connections our way.  No effort is too small!!

*Important Item #2: * I've attached the RFP for the MaineCAN Best Practices
Conference taking place on May 18 at EMCC.  Ben Castleman is the keynote
and as always, the conference is free!  TRIO Programs consistently provide
superior services to students in the field of college access and success.
Please come and share your expertise!

Please call or email with any questions and thank you!!   -Lynn

#trioworks
*Lynn Ploof-Davis*
Director of TRIO Programs
Upward Bound/Johnson Scholars