From:
Alexandra Hinrichs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alexandra Hinrichs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2022 11:00:33 -0400
Hello,
I attended a virtual last year and one of the workshops was on LGBTQ+
engagement in the library and schools. The presenter mentioned that
students have the right to have their school email address be a preferred
name, and I noted that because it has come up at our school, both for
students and staff. I can't find a good resource citing rights/laws around
this, and it would be very helpful to support some of my students and
staff. If anyone knows, I'd greatly appreciate the info! Pardon the
cross-posting.
Best,
Alex
--
*Alexandra S.D. Hinrichs*
*Children's Author and Middle School Librarian*

www.alexandrahinrichs.com