GEOLIBRARY-L Archives

Maine GeoNews

GEOLIBRARY-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Todd Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2019 13:14:00 -0500
Hello Maine GeoLibrary Data Catalog Consumers,
    The Maine Office of Information Technology has spent the past few years modernizing the State of Maine's GIS Enterprise.  This modernization has significantly changed the "look and feel" of the Maine GeoLibrary Data Catalog and has also resulted in many data access path changes.  We recognize that change is disruptive and appreciate our user's patience over the past months as we have moved our GIS Enterprise forward.
    On Friday January 4, 2019, the portion of our legacy GIS Enterprise hosting much of our raster data was shutdown.  All content that had been hosted  at http://mapserver.maine.gov continues to be accessible in the Maine GeoLibrary Data Catalog at https://geolibrary-maine.opendata.arcgis.com .  These same data and services may also be accessed directly via a web browser, GIS/CAD client or programmatically at https://gis.maine.gov/arcgis/rest/services .  Users choosing to access data services directly from the REST service directory should recognize the use of ISO 19115 Topic Categories for folders containing services.  Looking for orthoimagery?  Explore the imageryBaseMapsEarthCover folder;  Contours?  Explore the Elevation folder.;  Parcels?  Explore planningCadastre folder; etc.
    Please frequently visit the Maine GeoLibrary Web Site for News and updates at https://www.maine.gov/geolib/news.html .
Sincerely,
Todd Metzler
Maine Office of Information Technology GIS

This list Maine GeoNews (GEOLIBRARY-L) is an unmoderated discussion list for all Maine GIS Users. If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from this list, you can remove your name and email address yourself at the this web address:

http://lists.maine.edu/cgi/wa?SUBED1=geolibrary-l&A=1

Or,you may also request that your name be removed by sending email to: