From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 1994 17:01:09 -0500
I spoke with Clarkson Sports Information Director Gary Mikel who explained
why Saturday's goal originally credited to Knight goalie Jason Currie was
changed.

Mikel explained that  after Currie made the save, the puck was actually
touched by Knight forward Steve Palmer. I'm not sure if that was while
the puck was behind the net or if he tipped it on its way back to the
point.

The goal was credited to Kevin Murphy. It was originally credited to
Murphy and then changed to Currie in the third period. The reason it
was changed back was because apparently the rules state that in a case
that, the goal is credited to the opposition player closest to the puck
at the time. Murphy was the forechecker. In reality, Murphy caused the
goal by his persistent forechecking and deserved the SHG. But it's
still would have been fun if Currie had actually kept credit.

BRI

------ADIRONDACK RED WINGS-----CALDER CUP CHAMPS:---1981---1986---1989---1992--
| Bri Farenell                  [log in to unmask]              |
| Clarkson Univ. '95            Glens Falls High '91    GO ERIN WHITTEN!      |
| NCAA, AHL, ECAC and Boston Bruins contact for rec.sport.hockey              |
| Join the AHL mailing list: [log in to unmask]   LET'S GO TECH  |
------USA HOCKEY-------------OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS----1960----1980----1994?---