From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 12:16:12 EST
I caught the OTs of the NU-BC game and all but last part of the
BU-Harvard game (no I didn't walk out like a turncoat, no I didn't
have to catch the T - it was just after 12:30am and I had to get up early
to return that lousy sweatshirt. Besides I got kind of tired after
Harvard scored to make it 4-1 (it was nice to hear BU got another.))

The OTs were great. Northeastern had some chances early and one
shot hit dead-on at the base of the left post. Talk about a game of
inches - this is a game of 1/2 inches - if that puck had been just
slightly off to either side, NU probably had a play against a
sprawled goalie. Oh well that's the way it goes. BC skated hard and
looks better than their record.

Harvard is *fast* and plays a very aggressive game of disrupting passes
at center ice. BU didn't look sharp. When Harvard gave them trouble
coming up ice, it seemed that they were reverting to some "dump"
hockey. Unfortunately you can't get away with that when the other
team is either faster or out-hustling you into the corner for that puck.
McKersie came up big a number of times, and frankly I thought his
defense strung him out on a couple goals. Brennan looked great however.
BU's lines just weren't clicking at all.
All in all I had to admit Harvard is a very good team. I look forward to
seeing them again. I think on a given night BU could beat them, but
not last night. Looking forward to the post-season.
Dave Carroll BU'73             "Kid, you're a wizard whoever you are."
[log in to unmask]           _I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus_
[log in to unmask]   Firesign Theatre