From:
Jill Maser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 10:20:01 -0500
Question for the rule book folks:

Last week someone (sorry, I forget who) asked:  if two unrelated penalties
are called at the same time, do the teams skate five-aside?  My original
reaction was:  no--the penalties are not coincidental.  Several emphatic
"yes" postings arrived before I could send in my answer, so I didn't.

Last night I was sorta watching the Flyers-Nordiques game.  After a Flyer
was checked from behind into the boards, "Wonder-boy" Koharski raised his
arm for the delayed call.  When play finally stopped (I don't know if it
was due to the Nordiques gaining control, or the Flyers' Racine being
unconscious long enough) another Flyer hears Koharski's call for a 2-minute
roughing minor.  Out of frustration, the Flyer took down the original
offender.  A second 2-minute roughing call was made.

The teams skated 4-aside.

Are the rules different?

Jill Maser
"Hockey is my passion." --Manon Rheaume