From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1993 18:32:38 -0500
CALL 911.... WE was MUGGED!

I just rolled in from Sault St. Marie, and see Walt has already posted
the stats for the game, let me add my own observations from the game.
First off Jamie Ram could SUE for non support.  ;-)  The Lakers got the
jump out of the gate and pinned the huskies in their own zone for about
the first 4-5 minutes (it seemed like 20!) of the game.  Ram made 15 saves
in the first and held Tech in the game.  Lacher (LSSU's netminder) didn't
quite have sucah a sterling save percentage, as the huskies got off only
5 shots, 2 of them scoring.

The 2nd period proved to be downfall, as LSSU swarmed Ram  2-1, 3-1,
unassisted, etc and semed to score at will.  Everytime TECH took a penalty
they should have just given them the goal and done away with the timekeeping.

Mancini replaced Ram in the third period with Carrivagio, but the game was
are
already over.
I stood with my 8 and 6 year old at the op of the rink in the 3rd period
and had a very friendly chat with a bunch of laker fans.  Its nice to go to
an opposing rink and be treated like we were at LSSU.

For thos of you that know how bad traveling the UP in december can be, here's
a surprise for you.  We traveled to the Sault and back in 3 days at 40 degrees
with clear dry roads all the way! ;-)  some how I know we'll pay for that soon!

One other observation,  The fans at LSSU were much quieter than I'm used to
at a college game, but then again, our band forces us to yell at each other
just to hear at home! ;-)

Bob
Thanks to LSSU blue liners for a good lunch and hospitality (cept for the game)
;-)