From:
The Hockey Hamlet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Hockey Hamlet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1993 01:08:38 -0500
        I feel cheated. There wasn't any parachutes at the hockey game.
Now I've really seen everything...

        1       2       3
McGill  1       1       1=3
Yale    0       1       3=4

Scoring
First period
1) McGill 1 Buffone 9:00 PPG

Second period
2) McGill 2 Vigneault 7:51 PPG
3) Yale 1 Yoshino (Brierley, Leroux) 11:56 PPG

Third period
4) McGill 3 Vecchio (Riquier) :57
5) Yale 2 Sorem (Leroux, Yoshino) 8:23 PPG
6) Yale 3 Brierley (Yoshino, Sorem) 17:15 PPG
7) Yale 4 Weidenbach (Emmons, Cipolla) 19:34

Power Plays
McGill 2/4
Yale   3/4

        I have the penalities if anyone is dying for them on an exhibition
game.

        The prettiest goal of the night was McGill's third. It was a 2x1
with the Yale defender in position. The shooter placed it perfectly over
Mike Kamatovic's shoulder. (Todd Sullivan started for Yale. Both teams
went to the backups in the middle of the second.)

        If you thought the Bruins have been having trouble scoring, you
should have seen the Yale team. With 75% of their scoring from last year
gone in the form of the graduation of Mark Kaufmann and Jamie Lavish, this
was a team that seemed unable to put it in the net. The Bulldogs had
plenty of chances, but could never seem to pull the trigger. Half way
through the third, when we were still down 3-1, Yale offensive woes were
highlighted when a bad bounce of the puck gave Yale a 2x0 in front of an
empty net. McGill's goalie made the save...a feat considering the net was
empty.

        The accoustics of the Yale Whale make it impossible to hear the PA
system...which didn't begin to function until the beginning of the second
anyway. I couldn't get the McGill assists or the shots on goal, but I
believe Yale was in the mid thirties and McGill in the mid twenties.

        Last night, Princeton travelled up to Montreal, for a change, and
beat McGill 4-1.

--
7000 miles. 10 days. 26 states. 1 cop.                   Rob Callum
Des Moines to New York.                 [log in to unmask]