From:
"Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Cavanaugh @ Koessler Athletics
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1993 12:34:27 -0400
I have been following the discussion about NESCAC and the ECAC
and I find the information from Chris C (Bowdoin) very
interesting and informative.  A couple points:

1. I agree with the '71 Graduate of Bowdoin that they are
   a bit behind the times  - meaning the NESCAC's, this
   probably is due to "tradition" - some of which is good
   and some bad, because it can hold back development.

2. I would'nt be suprised if Sid Watson changes his mind
   regarding home/home within NESCAC.

3. Watch out for the NESCAC's and EASTERN ECAC schools to
   make a concerted effort for the NCAA D-III selection
   committee to make their decision  "early".
   That means - end of February - traditionally the
   NCAA makes their decision AFTER the ECAC's tourney.

4. If this happens.....???? the ECAC tourney becomes
   what - .... a losers tourney ??  And please....
   don't tell me that's the way it is in other
   sports.  In the past if a team has had a good
   showing in the ECAC tourney it has helped their
   bid chances to the NCAA III. With the NESCAC
   having to choose between - the "timing" of
   selection WILL be an issue.

5. The restructure of ECAC that was proposed by ?
   Who ?  Jaslow ? Sorry... mind lobotomy on
   game day - anyway it was really interesting -
   its these types of "postings" that are really
   worthwhile and keep up the good work.

I enjoy it all - college hockey is the best.

Brian Cavanaugh
Canisius College