From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1993 15:21:55 -0400
John Rodenhiser sent this to me today, and while I'll be putting it
into the archives either today or tomorrow, I figured some people
would be interested to see it.

John noted that the first home game against Villanova is probably
going to sell out (8000+).  The team is almost entirely made up of
freshmen, but apparently there could be some transfers from other
schools who would become eligible in 94-95 after sitting out a year.

Also, the flyer John has includes the 94-95 schedule which will be
UMass's first season in Hockey East.  I'll post that separately.  That
sets a new record for the earliest I have ever seen a team's schedule.
:-)  Those people at UMass are on the ball!

- mike

PS the below includes: 29 games, 15 home; 7 games vs DivI conference
teams or Independents (1 at home); all others vs DivII/III except
Sacred Heart (CT) which I believe is still club.

==========
        UMass - Amherst
        Hockey Schedule
           1993-94

10-23  Sat  7:00pm  @Merrimack
10-30  Sat  7:00pm  VILLANOVA

11-06  Sat  7:00pm  WORCESTER STATE
11-12  Fri  7:00pm  IONA
11-13  Sat  7:00pm  FITCHBURG STATE
11-20  Sat  7:30pm  @UMass-Dartmouth
11-23  Tue  7:00pm  AMHERST
11-27  Sat  7:00pm  @St. Lawrence
11-30  Tue  7:00pm  TRINITY

12-03  Fri  7:00pm  @Bowdoin
12-04  Sat  7:00pm  @Colby
12-11  Sat  7:00pm  NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE
12-30  Thr  7:00pm  GUSTAVUS ADOLPHUS

01-02  Sun  3:00pm  @Princeton
01-07  Fri  7:00pm  COLBY
01-09  Sun  7:00pm  SALEM STATE
01-14  Fri  7:30pm  @Connecticut College
01-18  Tue  7:30pm  @Trinity
01-21  Fri  7:30pm  @Alaska-Fairbanks
01-22  Sat  7:30pm  @Alaska-Fairbanks
01-25  Tue  7:00pm  A.I.C.
01-29  Sat  7:00pm  @Army

02-01  Wed  7:00pm  HOLY CROSS
02-04  Fri  5:00pm  @Villanova
02-06  Sun  2:00pm  MERRIMACK
02-15  Tue  7:30pm  @St. Anselm
02-19  Sat  2:00pm  SACRED HEART
02-22  Tue  7:30pm  @North Adams State
02-25  Fri  7:00pm  R.I.T.

There *may* be a pre-season scrimmage with Penn State also.

John Rodenhiser