From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1993 23:34:36 EST
All are finals that haven't been posted yet.

HE
Merrimack 5, at UMass-Lowell 4 (ot)
  Wow.  Lots of strange happenings, and Merrimack wins its first at Lowell
  since 1985.  Trailing 4-3 late, Merrimack ties it on a goal by Mark
  Goble.  Wait - Steve McBride waves it off from center ice, ruling that
  the puck was kicked in (tv replay showed conclusively that it was not).
  Then, then while on a power play, Merrimack pulls the goalie with 2 1/2
  minutes left to go up 6x4 and ties it 30 seconds later, on a goal by Mark
  Goble.  41 seconds into overtime, Merrimack wins it - on a goal by Mark
  Goble.  Any guesses on who the first star was?  (hint: Mark Goble)

  So, Merrimack travels to UNH for the q-finals next week and not BU.  As
  I told you a million times :-), a tie would not have been enough...as
  close as you can get to a playoff game tonight in Lowell.  Exciting.

ECAC
at Princeton 5, RPI 4
  I got this score from the Lowell station; I can only presume Bri's
  score of 3-1 was not a final.
at Cornell 5, Vermont 2
at Colgate 7, Dartmouth 6

CCHA
Michigan 13, at OSU 1
  Mich wraps up 2nd.
FSU 5, at UIC 3
at MSU 5, Notre Dame 2
  MSU wraps up 4th.

WCHA
at NMU 5, UMD 3
  Home ice for Wildcats - 5th, apparently, according to Bob's post (what
  was the tiebreaker between MTU & NMU that came into play?).

Partial: WMU 6, Kent 4 in 3rd; that would give BG 7th if WMU held on and
then we can argue about where UAF will be picked - ah, I mean seeded.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*