Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 91 10:53:00 EST
In the first 5 minutes (or thereabouts) LSSU scored to goals within about
55 seconds.  MSU took a timeout, then scored a goal later in the period
to end the first period at 2-1.  MSU got a goal to tie in the second
period and went up 3-2.  Then at about 15 minutes of the third period, LSSU
tied the score and that is the way in ended.  Several penalties in the
second period; four were minors accompanied by 10-minute misconducts, 3 to
LSSU and 2 to MSU.  At least one of them was an automatic for checking
from behind; at least one was not and I can't remember for sure about the other
two.  Ref was Piotrowski (I happen to like him but the MSU announcer didn't
seem too thrilled last night).  Jason Wooley, MSU Defenseman extended his
scoring streak to 18 games with a goal and an assist.  Power plays were
1/6 for MSU 0/8 for LSSU.  These games are at LSSU.

Now that is not a lot of detail, but it is far more than I have ever
remembered before after the game was over, so you are either extremely
fortunate or extremely unfortunate; you choose.

Michigan over Bowling Green  X-1 where X is either 7 or 9.  Keith can
tell you what happened at Bowling Green; I'll be interested too.  This
one was at BG, tonight at Mich.

Ill-Chi and Ohio State won, Miami and Western Mich lost.