From:
Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 91 14:59:55 EST
Here are some random thoughts on the ECAC season so far.

It appears that the black hole for top league teams to play in is the Yale
Whale.  Clarkson, Harvard and St. Lawrence went in and loss.  None of the
games were too close.  Does anyone know how RPI did there?  It seems that
this year the top 8 teams are going to be real close.  Especially since
most of the regarded teams are losing those games that they were supposed
to win.  Home ice does seem to be the key to winning this year so far, besides
Yale, Clarkson, Harvard, SLU, and I imagine Cornell have at most one
loss at home.  I wonder if the three week hiatus for Harvard will hurt
them when they resume league play.  Is think that the Bean Pot Tourney is
during this period.

It appears that Clarkson will wind up with the best non-league record at
5-2.  Colgate has the next best record.  RPI also did well, but like
Clarkson and the rest of the leaders of the ECAC, except Harvard, they
are done with non-league play.  So Clarkson better make sure that they
make it to Boston atleast.

The next week will see games between the travelling partners.  Of these
games, the most hotly contested game will be St. Lawrence at Clarkson.
This will be an hard fought and highly emotional game.  The game between
RPI and UVM should be one to watch also.  UVM has gotten the its team to
gel and should give RPI a run for their money.

Mike Zak
"I started when it was Clarkson College of Technology, I still like this
name better after 7 years."