From:
"Robert H. Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert H. Gross
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1993 01:14:10 EST
Hi folks,

I haven't seen this reported yet so I'll do so. Again, I'm short on time this
weekend.

Dartmouth took a 2-0 lead after the first period, in which they totally
dominated play territorially. Unfortunately, Dartmouth sleep walked through
the second period in which they were outscored 2-1 giving the result of
Dartmouth 3-Union 2 at the end of 2. A stronger team could have racked up
quite a few goal against the Big Green in that period.

Coach Demment apparently woke Dartmouth up between the second and third
periods because they came storming out to a 7-3 win, scoring 4 goals in the
third period. This was the first game that was not a one goal game for
Dartmouth since December 2! (not counting an empty net goal in the Harvard
game). It was strange (but nice) to go into the last 5 minutes of the game
with some confidence that we were safely ahead.

I must say that watching Union reminded me of Dartmouth about 2-3 years ago.
[Just hang in there Jim T. - things will get better ;-) ].

Bob Gross