From:
"Robert H. Gross" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert H. Gross
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1993 11:42:31 EST
Not much time tonight so it will be brief.

This was a back and forth game. The game was quite even for the first two
periods but Dartmouth dominated play in the third. RPI scored first but
Dartmouth responded within a few minutes to leave the game at 1-1 after the
first period. RPI first in the second period to go up 2-1, but Dartmouth
responded with two unanswered goals to make it 3-2 Dartmouth at the end of 2.

In the third period Dartmouth came out fired up and outshot RPI 18-6, but
unfortunately RPI outscored Dartmouth 2-0 in the last period to take the win.
Although Dartmouth maintained pressure throughout most of the period, there
were a few defensive lapses that lead to breakaways. Dartmouth's goalie, Vern
Guetens was up to most of them, but two snuck through.

I think Dartmouth proved tonight that they can skate even with any team in
the ECAC. We have now lost to the top three teams by only one goal in very
even games. Perhaps we can win by one goal in the playoffs?

Bob Gross