Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1993 13:16:52 EST
It was interesting reading Greg's comments about the Cornell-Dartmouth match
this weekend [Greg - stop by next time to say hello]. I haven't seen Cornell
play this year, but I would agree that neither team played great hockey in
the 2nd and 3rd periods. I thought Dartmouth was still asleep (they already
had finals) in the first period but woke up for the 2nd and 3rd. Although
their offense wasn't overwhelming, I thought Dartmouht's defense was very
solid. In the last two periods, Cornell had a very difficult time bringing
the puck past center ice. Whether this was due to Cornell's poor play or
Dartmouth's good defense can be debated, but the fact that Cronell only
mustered 22 shots for the game leads me to belive that the Dartmouth defense
played well.

It will be most interesting to see what happens when they meet again later
this year.

Bob Gross