From:
"Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1992 08:24:00 EDT
The list went around on the question of Alaska games awhile back, so the
whole discussion is in the archives, but essentially:

NCAA by-law 17.10.5.3 allows for certain games to be excluded from the
34-game limit for Div. I teams.  Among the exclusions are "Any ice hockey
games played in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico, respectively, either against
or under the sponsorship of an active member institution located in Hawaii,
Alaska or Puerto Rico, by a Division I or II member institution located
outside the area in question."  A similar, but slightly more restrictive
rule is in place for Div. III teams.

Dr. Stephen E. Roth                                 BITNET:   ROTH@CANISIUS
Dean of Student Services
Canisius College                                     PHONE:  (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14208                                FAX:  (716) 888-2525