From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2014 03:04:07 -0400
I'm inclined to agree with only the UVM-UND swap happening.

Putting Vermont in the east, and sending UND to Cincinnati puts UVM on
a bus, rather than a plane, which saves the NC$$ money. (I know from
personal experience that they like this.) UND is flying anyway, since
Robert Morris should be ticketed for St. Paul. North Dakota going to
Cincinnati might help attendance there and, considering that counting
attendance at last year's Midwest Regional didn't require removing
your socks, anything that moves the needle there is a good thing.

Part of me thinks, as well, that the Committee will make a swap almost
because they can.

As for Lowell-Quinnipiac, I think they'll both stay closer to home.
Quinnipiac isn't hosting Bridgeport (Yale & Fairfield[!] are), but I
think a virtual home team there will be seen as a good thing, as well
as having two "home" teams in Worcester. Avoiding second-round
matchups doesn't seem to have been a concern for the Committee in the
past.

John

--
John Edwards
"You can insure against the weather, but you can't insure against