From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2008 18:34:53 -0600
The USAFA Hockey Banquet was held in Colorado Sptings earlier today.

Booster Club Awards
    First Goal Placks
	Matt Becker
	Sean Bertsch
	Derrick Burnett
	Owen Kelly
	Scott Kozlak
	Blake Page
	Mike Phillipich
	Brad Sellers
	(every freshman forward scored)
    Final Offensive Player of the month - Brent Olson
    Final Defensive Player of the month - Matt Charbonneau

    Offensive Player of the year - Brent Olson
    Defensive Player of the year - Andrew Volkening

Strength and conditioning award
	Jeff Hajner

Top seven awards
    Jim Bowman Award (scholar athlete)
	Frank Schiavone
    Most improved player (selected by teammates)
	Brent Olson
    John Matchefts Award (fourth classman of the year) (selected by teammates)
	Derrick Burnett
    Larry Cronk Award  (most inspirational) (selected by teammates)
	presented by Cronk to Matt Charbonneau
    Defensive Player of the year
	Greg Flynn
    Chuck Delich Award (mvp) (selected by teammates)
	Presentd by Chuck's son Phil to Andrew Volkening
    Vic Heyliger Award (dedication,  character, leadership, work ethic)
	Matt Charbonneau

Next Year's Captains
	Mike Phillipich
	Brent Olson
	Jeff Hajner

Approximate quips (i am not a reporter and i didn't have a tape
recorder, so these may not be verbatim)

Coach Serratore Quips
	[ name deleted ] played in the AHA and regional with mono. I
	should have told to opposing coaches to try to get him more
	room.

	When a team jells it is like a self licking ice creme cone

	(to seniors) when i was out recruiting you, i tried to sell
	you guys a dream and you bought it

	when a ncaa briefing at the regional was running long and they
	needed to talk about TV time outs and the briefer said, "all
	of you've been here before, i don't have to go over this" that
	made him feel good.

Eric Ehn Quips
	Tolls (SID dave toller) would give me note cards for press
	conferences so i'd know what to say. I guess he learned to do
	that dealing with the football team.

	All are games are home games.  There's an air force base near
	every place we play, and blue line club members at all our games.

	One player (didn't catch the name) has 28 NCAA tournament hats
	cuz they wouldn't fit anybody else

Bryan Becker Quips
	(to trainer) Thanks for the rehab, the surgery didn't ruin my
	golf swing

	(to an underclassman) Thanks for coming in and taking my spot

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon   | charlie shub                (719) 262-3492
 \ /  Campaign Against | [log in to unmask]        (mobile) 761-8778
  X    HTML in e-mail  | http://cs.uccs.edu/~cdash   (fax) 262-3369
 / \      and news     | University of Colorado at Colorado Springs