From:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pamela Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:55:04 -0400
I took a little different approach (and have made one change since I realized I missed something in my first guess...)

Mad:  Mich/AF; BC/Wis (1, 7, 12, 16)
Alb:Miami/Niagara; St. Cloud/Clarkson (2, 8, 10*, 15)
CS: Nodak/Prin; CC/Minn (3, 5, 11, 14)
Wor:  UNH/Notre Dame; DU/Mich St (4, 6, 9*, 13)

*Swapped since my first guess, since I missed that 9/10 is a tie

Put the 1-seeds with their 4 seeds closest to home, and then add in the host schools:
Mad: 1v16; 12
Alb: 2v15;
CS: 3v14; 5
Wor: 4v13;

Fill in based on seeding integrity of the first-round match-ups, given that 6/7 and 9/10 are ties**:
Mad: 1v16; 6/7v12
Alb: 2v15; 8v9/10
CS: 3v14; 5v11
Wor: 4v13; 6/7v9/10

** This is where my approach differs from others.  Others emphasize maintaining the 1/2 seed integrity for the second-round match-up at the expense of breaking up the 2/3 seed integrity in the first-round match-up. I admit that may be a higher priority for the committee.

Looking at the identity of the schools:
Mad:  Mich/AF;(DU or BC)/Wis
Alb:Miami/Niagara; St. Cloud/(Mich St or Clark)
CS: Nodak/Prin; CC/Minn
Wor:  UNH/Notre Dame; (DU or BC)/( Mich St or Clark)

Breaking the DU/BC tie so as to avoid an interconference match-up, and then the MSU/Clarkson tie for attendance at Albany:
Mad:  Mich/AF; BC/Wis
Alb:Miami/Niagara; St. Cloud/Clarkson
CS: Nodak/Prin; CC/Minn
Wor:  UNH/Notre Dame; DU/Mich St