From:
"T. N. Long" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:00:37 -0600
No, having two "Non Deserving" teams in the tournament, gets in TWO MORE
"NON Deserving" teams (using true hockey snob logic).  Plus, what should be
done when a "major conference" "cellar-dwellar" wins it's conference
tournament?  Hockey snobs who belittle the CHA and AHA should just settle
on pushing for a 12-team tournament with NO auto-bid since their logic also
precludes considering that some teams who peak at the end of the season
could possibly be a "Deserving" team.

>Date:    Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:51:25 -0400
>From:    =?UTF-8?Q?Jim_Prue?= <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Comley: AH-CHA Play-In Game Needed
>
>You do realize that the NCAA tournament was expanded from 12 teams to 16
>teams based on having the automatic bids for the winners of the AHA and CHA.
> If the automatic bids were taken away from those conferences I would bet
>that the NCAA goes back to a 12 team tournament.  Basically having the two
>"Non Deserving" teams in the tournament, gets in two more of the "Deserving"
>teams.

TNL
256-539-7211
http://home.hiwaay.net/~plong/*tnl/Imagine.txt
"As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged.
And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the
air - however slight - lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness."
-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas