Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 18:55:36 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/2006 5:42:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I have  to agree that 4x4 hockey in OT  is a bad idea.  The game should be
played
like it was before OT.  Does baseball play with butt two  outfielders? (no
they play extra innings)  Does basketball lose a  player?  (no they play
overtimes)G \\\\
Right idea but not a good example - at least 4x4 et al are game situations.
Two outfielders are not and neither are shootouts.  So, what's wrong with a
tie save in championship games?

I am reasonably sure that five minute overtimes are often played  tentatively
and defensively. Would teams open up a bit if OT was ten  minutes?

Bob Saunders
Northeastern