From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 14:40:31 -0500
Having watched a bunch of NHL playoff games, I must say that I like the
four-official system.  I'd also like to see college hockey adopt the current
NHL standards for holding and interference, i.e., actually calling the
penalties.  The NHL somehow avoided geting bogged down in the "let the boys
play" argument that pervades college hockey.

-- Erik

I think Erik is on to something, I like it too, and that is how the leagues
needs to be officiated. The current rules allows teams
to crash the net and score goals and we don't have to watch the interference
and holding that some of the slower teams in the NCAA like to put in play. I
will not get into which teams, but only that its not up tempo hockey and it
needs to be gone from the game. The NHL has it right and the NCAA needs to
get it going in the college ranks... Call the pentalties and you will take
away the trap and the interference.
That doesn't mean you can't play defense, you just have to play it with in
the rules and if your team can't keep up on the ice then
you need to recruit some better players.