From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 05:45:31 -0800
Many of the stadium sponsors are complaining about not getting enough bang for their "naming
rights" bucks (in case you haven't heard, the latest in in Boston, where the "Fleet Center" will
soon be the "TD Banknorth Garden", for $6 million a year).  It's my understanding that the NFL put
out a directive to the teams to try to find additional uses for their facilities.  This, and the
apparent success of the Michigan - Michagan State game and the Edmonton - Montreal outside games,
has led to some pretty wild proposals -- actually, the HHH Dome makes more sense than most.  Other
ideas that have been floated have been Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Ford Field in Detroit putting
in a bid for a Frozen Four.  This led to some even wilder speculation, the ultimate one being a
BU/BC game at Fenway Park.  I LOVE Fenway, but a significant portion of it doesn't even have good
sight lines for baseball, let alone hockey.

--- Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What is this insanity that has recently gripped the college hockey
> world? Stadium envy? Zamboni fever? Rinkworm?
>
>  From the Charley Walters column in Wednesday's St. Paul Pioneer Press:
>
> "University of Minnesota officials remain optimistic about playing a
> Gophers hockey game in the Metrodome, perhaps against Minnesota-Duluth,
> in February 2007."
>
> -Indy

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!