From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 22:48:00 -0800
Mentioning Hockey-L in the subject was as close as I could get to come obligatory hockey content.  I'm getting a ton of virus e-mails right now (OK maybe 50 to 100.)  The reason why I am mentioning it hear is that I think it is someone who is or was subscribed to Hockey-L.  Each e-mail is coming from someone else so it is likely forged.  I have noticed several Hockey-L poster addresses so it would someone who has me and them in their e-mail address book, presumably someone else on Hockey-L.  It would also suggest others of you are receiving virus e-mails, if they are not being blocked by your provider.

I looked at the headers of a number of the e-mails.  They all included the same IP address: 66.231.112.111  This goes back to a range owned by Polar Communications (polarcomm.com, polarcomm.net) in Park River, North Dakota.

So who has the infected PC?  Dare I say it is a Fighting Souix fan?  (not intending to be too provocative...)

Doug Peterson
(Trying to find something to occupy myself while waiting for the Gophers to get out of this mid-season slump.)