From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 10:59:15 -0400
I didn't realize this until I looked back at the box score, but Union
didn't allow a shot on goal in the third period while protecting their
3-2 lead over Mercyhurst on Friday night.  This ties a team record for
fewest shots in a period, set last November against Bentley (according
to my Union Hockey program).  It helped that Union spent a lot of the
third period on power plays, but Mercyhurst had a full 1:20 of 5-on-3
skating advantage during which they were unable to get a shot through
on Kris Mayotte.

--
Jim Teresco - [log in to unmask]
http://www.teresco.org