From:
Karen Shadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Shadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:54:19 -0600
I love my DirecTV. :) I spent last night flipping back and forth between
Minnesota-North Dakota and St. Cloud-Denver. In the St. Cloud-Denver game,
the referee (Derek Shepherd) used replay on one of the St. Cloud goals in
the second period, and ended up disallowing it because someone was in the
crease after looking closer at the goal. The announcers were saying that
it is an experiment at Denver and the World Arena for CC where cameras
are mounted over the goals and it is the referee's discretion on goals if
he wants to look at a replay on it or not. They had a monitor down at ice
level that he could watch the replay on. Is this something other schools
might go to if this proves to be successful?

Same teams in their second games of the weekend that I can watch tonight.
I might occasionally flip to Fox to check on the World Series, since I'm
on the other side of it, living in St. Louis now. :)

Karen Shadwick
Colorado College '95