From:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Teresco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:15:04 -0400
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> A Home Opening night disaster at Achilles as the Falcons stomp the Dutchmen
> 5-1.

Ken Schott's Gazette story on this one is also on USCHO:

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20042005/m/10/22/bgsu-uc.php

I thought Union was in the game despite all the penalty trouble until
Josh Coyle's charging the goalie penalty in the second period.  Union
was down 2-0, but was picking up the offensive pressure.  Then when BG
scored on the subsequent power play, Bowling Green never looked back.

Of the new players, the one who stood out for me was forward Scott
Brady.  He's small, but wasn't afraid to throw big hits.  Defenseman
Michael Beynon saw a lot of ice time and played pretty well.
Defensemen Phil McDavitt and Torren Delforte played quite a bit also.
Forwards Casey Ftorek (whose name on his jersey was misspelled
"Ptorek") and Jake Schwan looked pretty good.

If they can stay out of the box, Union should be able to make a better
game of it tonight.

--
Jim Teresco - [log in to unmask]
http://www.teresco.org