From:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Indy Rutks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:13:56 -0600
> Alright, isn't anyone else going to defend the cheerleaders?

Amen, Brother Hampton! I enjoy the presence of the skating cheerleaders!
They are not silly - they enrich the wonderful atmosphere that surrounds
this thing we call college hockey!

But there are some that would eliminate these charming young women. Well, if
we banned the skating cheerleaders, would the costumed mascots be the next
to hear the executioner's song? Is that really what some of you want? For if
you do, then shouldn't we just abolish the whole collegiate sports system?
And if
the whole collegiate sports system is banned, then isn't this an indictment
of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, isn't this an
indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you want
with us and our skating college hockey cheerleaders, but I'm not going to
sit here
and listen to you bad-mouth the United States of America! Harrrumph!!

*hums "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" as he exits*

-Indy